Quick, easy and healthy, these pie maker zucchini fritters are full of flavour and make a great snack, appetiser or light lunch. Serve with herbed yoghurt, garlic aioli or sour cream.
This recipe made 8 fritters in our Sunbeam Pie Magic pie maker.
- 200g grated zucchini (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 50g grated carrot (about 1 cup)
- 100g grated potato (about 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste (probably 1/4 teaspoon of each)
- Grate all vegetables, making sure to squeeze excess moisture out of the zucchini and potato by wrapping in 4-5 layers of paper towel and squeezing well.
- Beat eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, grated vegetables, garlic, grated cheese and parmesan with a wooden spoon.
- Add beaten egg and combine thoroughly.
- In your cold pie maker, add 1 1/2 tablespoon of fritter mixture to each hole.
- Close the lid, turn on the pie maker, and cook for 8 minutes.
- Turn each one over and cook for a further 7 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove each one from the pie maker using a small egg flip or small flat spatula.
- Repeat for the next batch of 4 fritters.
- Cool the fritters on a wire cooling rack.
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes per batch of 4 fritters
- Tags: pie maker recipes