2 ingredient snow cakes using just a packet of cake mix and a 275ml Vodka Cruiser. 8 different flavours - 8 different snow cake adventures. Top with whipped cream and icing sugar and you're good to go.
Recommended Flavour Combinations
- Wild Raspberry Vodka Cruiser + Greens Traditional Chocolate Cake Mix
- Zesty Lemon-Lime Vodka Cruiser + Betty Crocker Zesty Lemon Coconut Cake Mix
- Juicy Watermelon Vodka Cruiser + Betty Crocker Strawberries And Cream Cake Mix
- Pure Pineapple Vodka Cruiser + Betty Crocker Vanilla Cake Mix
- Bold Berry Vodka Cruiser + Greens Traditional Golden Butter Cake Mix
- Sunny Orange Passionfruit Vodka Cruiser + Greens Traditional Zesty Orange Cake Mix
- Ripe Strawberry Vodka Cruiser + Greens Red Velvet Cupcake Mix
- Lush Guava Vodka Cruiser + Greens Divine Banana Cake Mix
This recipe made 10-12 snow cakes in our Kmart pie maker.
- 1 packet of cake mix
- 1 x 275ml Vodka Cruiser
- 100ml thickened cream (whipped)
- In a medium bowl gently combine a 275ml Vodka Cruiser and the dry cake mix using a wooden spoon. IMPORTANT: Don't over-stir or you'll lose all the "fizz" out of the Cruiser and your snow cakes won't rise.
- Wipe the holes in your cold pie maker with a paper towel with a few drops of oil on it. These do tend to stick so even doing this between batches wouldn't be over-kill.
- Spoon a generous 1/4 cup of batter into each hole, turn on your pie maker, close the lid and cook for 4 minutes.
- Turn each snow cake over and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until done (a metal skewer inserted in the center comes out clean).
- Remove from pie maker and place on a cooling rack to cool.
- Repeat for each batch of 4 snow cakes.
- Once completely cooled, use a knife to cut a 2cm circle out of the top of each snow cake. Spoon one teaspoon of whipped cream into each hole and replace the cut-out circle.
- Dust with icing sugar.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 6-7 minutes per batch
- Tags: pie maker recipes