Simple, healthy and versatile vegetable fritters made with zucchini, carrot and corn that are full of flavour and make a great lunch or snack. Serve with yoghurt, sour cream, salsa or chutney.
This recipe made 16 fritters in our Sunbeam Pie Magic pie maker.
- 100g grated carrot (about 2 cups)
- 300g grated zucchini (about 2 cups)
- 100g grated onion (about 2/3 cup)
- 100g grated green capsicum (about 1/2 cup)
- 100g shredded cheddar or mozarella cheese (about 1 cup)
- 250g corn kernels (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup self raising flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper to season
PRO TIP: Mix and match with other grated vegetables like eggplant, spinach leaves, cucumber, cauliflower, broccoli, potato or sweet potato (you could even add frozen peas!), and add some other flavours to the mixture like cumin, coriander, dill, chilli, chives or parsley.
- Grate all vegetables, making sure to dry the zucchini thoroughly by wrapping it in 4-5 layers of paper towel and squeezing.
- Beat eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, grated vegetables and cheese with a wooden spoon.
- Add beaten egg and combine thoroughly.
- In your cold pie maker, add 1 tablespoon of fritter mixture to each hole and flatten well.
- Close the lid, turn on the pie maker, cook for 8 minutes.
- Turn each one over and cook for a further 8 minutes until golden brown.
- Repeat for the next batch of 4 fritters.
- Cool the fritters on a wire cooling rack.
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 16 minutes per batch of 4 fritters
- Tags: pie maker recipes