Quick and easy creamy vanilla custard tarts in the Kmart Pie Maker using vanilla instant pudding mix and puff pastry.
This recipe made 12 tarts in our Kmart Pie Maker.
- 3 sheets of puff pastry
- 100g packet Aeroplane Vanilla Dessert Mix
- 200ml full cream milk
- 300ml thickened cream
- In a large bowl combine the milk, cream and the vanilla dessert mix and beat with an electric hand mixer on high speed for 1 minute.
- Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Cut your bottom pastry circles and place in cold pie maker.
- Remove dessert mix from refrigerator and stir till smooth.
- 3/4 fill each pie shell with dessert mix and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Turn on the pie maker, close the lid and cook for 11 minutes.
- Remove from pie maker and allow to cool on a wire cooling rack.
- Repeat for each batch of 4.
- Refrigerate before serving.
Prep Time: 20 minutes (including refrigeration of the dessert mix)
Cook Time: 11 minutes
- Tags: pie maker recipes