Quick and easy creamy vanilla custard pies in the Kmart Pie Maker using vanilla instant pudding mix and puff pastry.
This recipe made 8 pies in our Kmart Pie Maker.
- 4 sheets of puff pastry
- 100g packet Aeroplane Vanilla Dessert Mix
- 200ml full cream milk
- 300ml thickened cream
- Icing sugar
- In a large bowl combine the milk, cream and the vanilla dessert mix and beat with an electric hand mixer on high speed for 1 minute.
- Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Cut your top and bottom pastry circles
- Remove dessert mix from refrigerator and stir till smooth.
- Place the bottom pastry circles in the cold pie maker.
- Fill each pie shell just below the top with dessert mix.
- Put the top pastry circles on, turn on the pie maker and close the lid.
- Cook for 9-10 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from pie maker and allow to cool on a wire cooling rack.
- Repeat for the remaining 4 pies.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
PRO TIP: Icing these is a nice touch so just mix 3/4 cup of icing sugar with 1 1/2 tablespoons of water and then add 3 drops of vanilla extract for vanilla icing, or 1-2 drops of pink food colouring for the classic pink vanilla slice icing. Remember, let the pies completely cool before you ice them using a spatula dipped in warm water.
Prep Time: 20 minutes (including refrigeration of the dessert mix)
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Tags: pie maker recipes