Simple and nutritious, tuna and corn fritters can be a great mid-week meal served with steamed greens or a salad, or as a light lunch or snack on their own with sour cream, mayonnaise or tomato salsa.
This recipe made 12 fritters in our Kmart Pie Maker.
- 190g tuna in oil (2 small cans)
- 125g can Edgell Corn Kernels (or 1/2 cup of Edgell Creamed Corn)
- 1 cup of mashed potato (make your own or use instant)
- 1/4 cup of plain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper to season
- Drain oil from tuna and liquid from corn kernels.
- Whisk egg in a medium bowl and then add all other ingredients, combining thoroughly.
- In your cold pie maker, add 2 tablespoons of mixture to each hole, flattening each one.
- Close the lid, turn on the pie maker, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn each one over and cook for a further 8 minutes.
- Repeat for next batch of 4.
- Serve with sour cream, mayonnaise or tomato salsa.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes (per batch of 4)
- Tags: pie maker recipes