A Christmas tradition at our place, this is Nan's old recipe that we've converted to a pie maker version. Lightly spiced sweet plum goodness ready to serve with custard and double cream.
This recipe made 4 pies in our Kmart Pie Maker.
- 1 x 700g jar of Goulburn Valley Plums
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 30g sugar (2 1/4 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Allow the plums to drain thoroughly, dice into small pieces and remove stones.
- In a medium bowl combine the diced plums, flour, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg with a wooden spoon.
- Cut 4 tops and 4 bottoms out of the sheets of puff pastry.
- Put the 4 bottom circles in the cold pie maker and divide the plum filling evenly between each one.
- Put the top pastry circles on, turn on the pie maker and close the lid.
- Cook for 9-10 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with custard and double cream, or ice cream.
PRO TIP: If you think it would be a waste to throw away the juice from the plums, try a Plum Cooler - mix equal parts plum juice and soda water, then add ice, vodka and a squeeze or two of lemon juice - fruity, refreshing and perfect for a summer afternoon.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Tags: pie maker recipes