Hot gooey marshmallows and melted chocolate all wrapped up in toasty cinnamon fruit loaf, with more chocolate on top. These smores are easy to make, delicious and a comfortingly re-assuring excess of calories and sugar.
This recipe made 4 smores in our Kmart Pie Maker.
- 8 slices of fruit loaf (we used Tip Top Raisin Toast Bread)
- 100g of milk chocolate bits or coarsely chopped milk chocolate
- 100g of mini marshmallows, or regular marshmallows cut into quarters
- 4 x Arnott's Marie Biscuits
- a nob of butter or margarine
- Chocolate dessert topping (we used Coles Chocolate Fudge Dessert Topping)
- Cut 4 tops and 4 bottoms out of the slices of fruit loaf and lightly butter one side of each.
- Break the Marie biscuits into small pieces (less than 1cm).
- Put the 4 bottom fruit loaf circles into the cold pie maker butter side down.
- Add the crushed biscuits, chocolate pieces and marshmallows to each one, distributing evenly.
- Put the top fruit loaf circles on, butter side up.
- Turn on the pie maker, close the lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle chocolate topping over each one and serve warm - on their own, or with cream or ice cream.
PRO TIP: Pour a teaspoon of Bailey's over the marshmallow/chocolate filling before you put the top fruit loaf circle on.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Tags: pie maker recipes