These simple and tasty mini cobs bring together family-favourite savoury mince, buttery sauteed mushrooms and crusty bread rolls into a snack-sized package of yum.
This recipe made 8 mini cobs in our Sunbeam Pie Magic pie maker.
- 1 50g sachet Continental Rich Beefy Mince mix
- 500g mince
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1 cup of frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 cups of sliced mushrooms
- 50g of butter
- 8 soft bread rolls
- Brown the mince with a little vegetable oil in a frying pan.
- Stir the recipe mix and water into the browned mince and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the mince is cooked.
- Add the frozen vegetables and simmer for a further 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Cut a 4cm "flap" out of the top of each bread roll (and retain).
- Remove 1/3 of the soft bread from the inside of each bread roll (and discard).
- Fill the hole in each bread roll to the top with mince mix, pressing it down to compact the filling.
- Use the "flaps" (previously set aside) to seal the hole in each bread roll.
- Place a filled bread roll into each pie maker hole.
- Turn on the pie maker and cook with the lid closed for 9 minutes.
- Repeat for the next batch of 4 mini cobs.
- while the mini cobs are cooking, saute the sliced mushrooms in butter until tender.
- Pile cooked mushrooms onto the top of each cob and serve hot.
- Add a splash of white wine to the mushrooms while sauteeing.
- Add 1 cup of grated cheese to the mince mix once it's been cooked. The filling should then be enough for 12 bread rolls.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 9 minutes per batch of 4 mini cobs
- Tags: pie maker recipes