A family pie maker frittata that's easy to make, healthy and tasty - perfect for an easy lunch or a fast dinner. Great to make using leftover vegetables, so cook extra vegies for dinner as a head start for making this frittata tomorrow night.
This recipe made 2 frittatas in our Kmart Family Pie Maker.
- 6 medium eggs
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 cup (100g) of broccoli florets
- 1 cup (30g) of baby spinach
- 500g of pumpkin
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 clove of garlic
- 3/4 cup of grated cheddar cheese or crumbled feta
- Cut the pumpkin into 1.5cm pieces and roast in a moderate oven for 20 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- Cut the potato and broccoli into 1cm pieces, chop the spinach leaves and, in a saucepan, boil together for 3 minutes (don't over cook).
- Dice the onion and garlic and saute in a fry pan with a little oil for 5 minutes.
- Add potato, broccoli and spinach leaves to the sauteed onion and garlic and stir through on low heat for 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, stir in the cream and season with salt and pepper to suit taste.
- Add all the cooked ingredients and the cheese and gently stir through with a wooden spoon.
- Pour half of the mixture into the cold pie maker and close the lid.
- Turn on the pie maker and cook for 8-10 minutes until done.
- Remove from pie maker with two small spatulas or slotted turners.
- Repeat for the next frittata.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes for each frittata
- Tags: pie maker recipes