Make this family favourite home-made classic in your pie maker. Moist and light vanilla cake, juicy pineapple and buttery caramelised brown sugar on top for an afternoon tea treat that will never disappoint.
This recipe made 12 cakes in our Kmart Pie Maker.
- 1 x 470g packet Greens Vanilla Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons (80g) of butter or margarine
- 1 x 425g can Pineapple Slices In Juice (not in syrup)
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- Set aside 150ml of pineapple juice and pat dry the pineapple slices with paper towel.
- So that the pineapple slices fit into the pie maker, cut a 3cm segment out of each one.
- Place cake mix, eggs, previously set aside pineapple juice and 3 tablespoons of shortening (we'll need the other tablespoon later) in a mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, mix all ingredients on low speed for 2 minutes until combined.
- In your cold pie maker sprinkle 1 teaspoon of brown sugar into each hole and then add 1/4 a teaspoon of shortening to each one.
- Lay your pineapple slice on top of the brown sugar and add cake mix batter until 3/4 full.
- Turn on your pie maker, close the lid and cook for 8-10 minutes until done (a metal skewer inserted in the center comes out clean).
- Remove from pie maker and place upside down on a cooling rack to cool.
- Repeat for each batch of 4 cakes.
PRO TIP: Replace the teaspoon of brown sugar with 1/2 teaspoon of golden syrup and 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar, then drizzle another teaspoon of golden syrup over the cakes once cooked and just prior to serving.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes per batch
- Tags: pie maker recipes