Tastes like summer! A delicious crushed pineapple and vanilla cream cheese custard tart recipe prepared quickly and simply in your Kmart Family Pie Maker.
This recipe made 1 pie in our Kmart Family Pie Maker.
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 150gms Philadelphia Original Cream Cheese
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 cup Golden Circle crushed pineapple
- In a small saucepan combine sugar, cornflour and crushed pineapple.
- Cook on medium, continuously stirring until nearly boiling, then turn to low and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Soften the cream cheese in the microwave for 20 seconds on medium power.
- In a bowl combine the softened cream cheese, sugar, salt, eggs, milk and vanilla essence.
- Mix with an electric hand mixer until fully combined (about 1-2 minutes).
- Spray a little oil onto a paper towel and wipe the bottom and top of the pie maker.
- Cut the top and bottom pastry circles with cutter and place the bottom circle in the cold pie maker.
- Pour in the pineapple mixture, spreading evenly with a spatula.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture evenly over the pineapple.
- Put the top pastry circle on, pushing down lightly to remove trapped air.
- Turn on pie maker, close the lid and cook for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn off Pie Maker and let the pie sit with lid open for 2 minutes before removing.
- Dust with icing sugar. Serve hot or cold with ice cream.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Tags: pie maker recipes