A quick and easy way to whip up a batch of pikelets using Green's Original Pancake Shake mix and your pie maker. These light and fluffy pikelets are a delicious snack whether served warm or cold.
This recipe made 28 pikelets in our Kmart Pie Maker.
- 1 x 375g Green's Original Pancake Shake
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) water
- Prepare the mix following the instructions on the bottle.
- Pour batter into each pie shell until about 3mm deep.
- Turn on pie maker and cook for 3 minutes.
- Turn each one over with a small spatula and cook for another 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Repeat for the other 6 batches of 4 pikelets.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack and serve with jam and fresh cream.
PRO TIP: If you'd prefer to make your own pikelet batter, in a medium bowl sift 1 cup self-raising flour, add 1 lightly beaten egg and 1 1/2 tablespoon of caster sugar, then stir in 1 cup milk to make a thick smooth batter.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes per batch of 4
- Tags: pie maker recipes