These pie maker hot dogs in puff pastry are a great snack for the kids - quick, easy and the kids will love them.
This recipe made 12 sausage rolls in our Sunbeam Pie Magic pie maker.
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 12 cocktail frankfurts
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- Warm the cocktail frankfurts in a saucepan of water for about 4 mins (but don’t boil).
- Cut each pastry sheet into 6 equal rectangles and place a small pile of grated cheese in the middle of each one.
- Once the cocktail frankfurts have cooled down, place 1 on each rectangle, fold the pastry around the frankfurt and tuck the ends in.
- Brush with lightly beaten egg on both sides.
- In your cold pie maker, place one in each hole.
- Turn on your pie maker, close the lid and cook for 6-7 minutes
- Turn the sausage rolls over and cook for another 6-7 minutes or until pastry is golden and flaky.
- Serve with tomato sauce.
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Tags: pie maker recipes