Individual Christmas puddings in your pie maker with this traditional recipe that can be made ahead of time or on the day. Moist and delicious, filled with fruit, and a splash of brandy.
Original recipe and image by Lifestyle Food
This recipe makes 4 puddings.
- 50g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1/2 cup dried mixed fruit (100g)
- 1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place butter, golden syrup and brandy in a small saucepan and stir over low heat until butter is melted.
- Bring to boil and then remove from heat.
- Stir in dried fruit and cranberries, transfer to a bowl and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Add egg to fruit mixture and stir to combine.
- Fold in breadcrumbs, sifted flour and cinnamon.
- Lightly grease pie maker holes using a litlle butter or margarine on a paper towel.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of pudding mixture into pie maker holes.
- Turn on pie maker, close lid and cook for about 14 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of each pudding comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool on a wire rack.
- When ready to serve, warm slightly, dust with icing sugar and serve with ice-cream or custard.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes