Got leftovers from your take-away chicken dinner family pack? How about some chicken, mash, peas and gravy pies in your pie maker using the fold-over method for zero pastry wastage.
This recipe made 4 pies in our Sunbeam Pie Magic pie maker.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1 cup of shredded leftover chicken
- 1 cup of leftover peas
- 1 cup of mashed potato (leftover or instant)
- 100ml of gravy (leftover or instant)
- Cut the pastry sheet into 4 equal squares.
- Spray a little vegetable oil onto a paper towel and wipe the top and bottom of the pie maker holes.
- In your cold pie maker lay a pastry square into each hole.
- Divide the chicken equally between the 4 holes.
- Add the peas and mash - about 2 tablespoons in each pie.
- Pour equal amounts of gravy on top of the filling - 1-1.5 tablespoons onto each - being careful not to over-fill.
- For each pastry square, fold the corners over to the middle of the pie.
- Turn the pie maker on and cook for 8 minutes with lid closed.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Tags: pie maker recipes