A quick and easy vanilla custard tart in the Kmart Family Pie Maker using vanilla instant pudding mix and puff pastry.
This recipe made 1 pie in our Kmart Family Pie Maker.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 100g packet Aeroplane Vanilla Dessert Mix
- 400ml full cream milk
- 300ml thickened cream
- Nutmeg and cinnamon
- In a large bowl combine the milk, cream and the vanilla dessert mix, and beat with an electric hand mixer on high speed for 1 minute.
- Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Spray a little oil onto a paper towel and wipe the bottom and top of the pie maker.
- Cut your bottom pastry circle and place in cold pie maker.
- Remove dessert mix from refrigerator and stir till smooth.
- Pour dessert mix into pie shell and sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Turn on the pie maker, close the lid and cook for 16 minutes.
- Remove from pie maker and allow to cool on a wire cooling rack.
- Refrigerate before serving.
Prep Time: 20 minutes (including refrigeration of the dessert mix)
Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Tags: pie maker recipes