Chicken and mushroom in a creamy bacon and herb sauce for a hearty work lunch or a quick and easy mid-week meal served with mashed potato and steamed greens.
This recipe made 6 pies in our Kmart Pie Maker.
- 3 sheets of puff pastry
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded cooked chicken
- 1 88g sachet of Continental Creamy Mushroom With Bacon & Herbs instant soup mix
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 250gms of mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon of butter
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- In a heat-proof container, microwave the frozen peas on high for 2 minutes (I use a coffee cup).
- In a frying pan sauté the sliced mushrooms in butter for 5 minutes.
- Combine the instant soup mix with 1 tablespoon of water and add to sauteed mushrooms.
- Stir on heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and peas and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Put the 4 bottom circles in the cold pie maker and fill each one with chicken, mushroom and pea mixture.
- Put the top pastry circles on, turn on the pie maker and close the lid.
- Cook for 8-9 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Repeat for the remaining 2 pies.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8-9 minutes per batch
- Tags: pie maker recipes