A classic flavour combination that makes these no-fuss bite-sized sweet treats perfect for parties, afternoon teas, or for no reason at all.
This recipe made 12 cakes in our Kmart Pie Maker.
- 1 x 530g packet White Wings Rich Chocolate Cake Mix
- 100g sultanas
- 2tbs dark rum
- 2 eggs
- 60g soft butter
- ¾ cup of water
- 6 Lindt Chocolate Balls (cut in half)
- Icing sugar
- 50g soft butter
- 15ml milk
- Soak the sultanas in the rum in a small bowl for 20 minutes then drain excess liquid.
- In a medium bowl combine the chocolate cake mix, eggs, water and 60gms of soft butter with an electric mixer for 30 seconds on low speed and then 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add the sultanas and stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
- In your cold pie maker, half fill each of the pie shells with chocolate cake batter, close the lid and turn pie maker on.
- Cook for 8 minutes, turn each one over and cook for another 4 minutes (a metal skewer should come out clean).
- Set aside to cool on a wire rack.
- Repeat for next batch of 4 cakes.
- Once cooled, ice the cakes using the provided chocolate frosting sachet, dust with icing sugar, and decorate each one with half a Lindt Chocolate Ball.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes per batch of cakes