Puff pastry chicken and mushroom quiche in your Kmart family pie maker. This recipe can be made ahead of time and also freezes quite well for a quick and easy lunch or light dinner.
This recipe made 1 quiche in our Kmart Family Pie Maker.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 120g of diced chicken (raw or cooked)
- 3 small potatoes cut into 1 cm cubes
- 50g of diced mushrooms
- 3 sprigs of parsley, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 300ml of Carnation Milk
- 1/4 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Raw Chicken: Brown it in a frying pan with a little oil on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Cooked Chicken Meat: Put it in the frying pan on medium heat and move straight to the next step.
- Add the mushrooms and diced potato and cook for a further 4-5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs, stir in the Carnation Milk, parsley and cheese - season with salt and pepper to suit taste.
- Add the chicken, potato and mushrooms and lightly stir with a wooden spoon.
- Place your pastry into the cold pie maker and pour in the quiche mixture.
- Turn on the pie maker, close the lid and cook for 10 minutes until done.
- Remove from pie maker with two small spatulas or slotted turners. Leaving it to sit in the pie maker for 2-3 minutes with the lid open makes the quiche easier to remove.
PRO TIP: Replace the grated cheddar cheese with finely chopped brie cheese and add 1/4 cup of chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes.
- Tags: pie maker recipes