Simple and tasty tuna pattie pies with creamy mashed potato and a grilled cheese top. A great way to use up leftover mashed potato and perfect for lunch or dinner.
This recipe made 12 pies in our Kmart Pie Maker.
- 3 sheets of puff pastry
- 185g can of tuna, drained
- 1 1/2 cups mashed potato (leftover, instant, frozen or make your own)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 teaspoons fresh diced parsley
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grated tasty cheese
- salt and pepper (or lemon pepper) to taste
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredients, leaving aside 1 tablespoon of grated cheese. Mix well.
- Cut 12 bottom circles out of your sheets of puff pastry.
- Put 4 bottom circles in the cold pie maker and add 1 tablespoon of tuna/potato mixture, flattening slightly, and sprinkle with some of the set aside grated cheese.
- Turn on the pie maker, close the lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- Repeat for the next batch of 4 pies.
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes (25 minutes if making your own mash from scratch)
Cook Time: 10 minutes per batch of pies
- Tags: pie maker recipes