Slow cooked pulled beef, butter-sauteed mushrooms and creamy mashed potato served in crunchy wonton cups with some added cheesy goodness. Great as an appetiser, party snack or a comfort food lunch.
This recipe made 4 wonton cups in our Sunbeam Pie Magic pie maker.
- 12 wonton wrappers (we use the Australian made 250g Supreme Fresh Wonton Wrappers)
- 250g pack of Three Aussie Farmers Slow Cooked Pulled BBQ Beef (if you're using plain pulled beef, add 1 1/2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce)
- 2 cups (150g) of diced mushrooms
- 1 cup (125g) of grated cheese
- 1 cup (200g) of mashed potato
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Prepare your mashed potato - either instant, frozen, or the old way with all that potato peeling and boiling of water and stuff.
- Saute mushrooms in butter for 5 minutes on low.
- Add the pulled beef to the sauteed mushrooms and cook together for a further 5 minutes, stirring frquently.
- In your cold pie maker lay 3 overlapping wonton wrappers so that they look like a 12 pointed star.
- Fill each one half way with beef and mushroom mixture.
- Add a thin layer of grated cheese and then 2-3 tablespoons of mashed potato.
- Add the remainder of the beef and mushroom mixture and top with the remainder of the grated cheese.
- Turn on the pie maker, close the lid, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve pretty much straight away.
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Tags: pie maker recipes