As if juicy tender pulled beef isn't delicious enough on its own, these pies have tangy BBQ sauce and cheese-topped creamy garlic mash as well. Just 5-10 minutes to prepare the filling, into the pie maker, and this hearty meal is good to go.
This recipe made 8 pies in our K-Mart Pie Maker.
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 250g pack of Three Aussie Farmers Slow Cooked Pulled BBQ Beef (if you're using plain pulled beef, add 2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce)
- 200g mashed potato (instant or make your own)
- Thickened cream
- 80g of shredded tasty cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- Prepare your mashed potato (instant or boiled) using cream instead of milk, and stir through the minced garlic.
- Cut 8 bottoms out of your sheets of puff pastry.
- Put 4 of the bottom circles in the cold pie maker and add 2 tablespoons of pulled beef.
- Top each one with 1 1/2 tablespoons of mashed potato, spreading the top flat.
- Sprinkle a good pinch of cheese (about 10g) onto each one.
- Turn on the pie maker, close the lid and cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool on a wire cooling rack.
- Repeat for the remaining 4 pies.
TO REHEAT: Place in a pre-heated pie maker for 3-5 minutes, or into a pre-heated oven at 80-100 degrees for 10-12 minutes using these re-usable pie heating bags.
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes (or 15 minutes if you're boiling your own potatoes)
Cook Time: 8 minutes per batch of pies
- Tags: pie maker recipes