These Apple Sultana & Cinnamon Scrolls are a delicious treat that takes just 10 minutes to prepare. Serve warm with ice-cream or enjoy cold. Perfect for the lunchbox, easy to make and freezer friendly.
This recipe made 12 scrolls in our Kmart pie maker.
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 x 400g can of Sliced Pie Fruit Apple (we used Ardmona because it's Australian)
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 20g melted butter
- Drain apples thoroughly.
- In a large bowl mix apples, sultanas, brown sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Spread half the mixture onto a puff pastry sheet, roll into a log and cut into 6 pieces. Don’t roll too tightly otherwise the pastry won’t "puff".
- Repeat for the other puff pastry sheet.
- Brush each scroll with melted butter (top and bottom).
- Turn on the pie maker and put a scroll into each pie shell (we flattened each scroll a bit).
- Cook for 8 minutes and then turn over to cook for another 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Repeat for each batch of 4 scrolls.
- Optionally they can be lightly dusted with icing sugar.
PRO TIP: Instead of sultanas add 1/4 cup of walnuts and 1/4 cup of golden syrup.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 16 minutes per batch of 4 scrolls
- Tags: pie maker recipes